Discover the Majestic Ha Giang Loop in Northern Vietnam
What you'll do
Breathtaking Landscapes: The Ha Giang Loop tour takes you through stunning landscapes in northern Vietnam, where you’ll witness majestic mountains, lush green valleys, and picturesque rice terraces. Prepare to be amazed by the natural beauty that surrounds you at every turn.
Cultural Immersion: Immerse yourself in the local culture and meet the friendly ethnic minorities of Ha Giang. Visit villages inhabited by Dao, Hmong, and Lo Lo ethnic groups, interact with the locals, and learn about their traditions, customs, and way of life. It’s an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of Vietnam’s diverse cultural heritage.
Adventure and Exploration: Embark on an adventure of a lifetime as you traverse the Ha Giang Loop. Explore hidden caves, trek along the breathtaking Ma Pi Leng Pass, and witness panoramic views of the Nho Que River canyon. This tour is perfect for those seeking excitement and a sense of discovery.
Authentic Homestay Experience: Get a taste of local hospitality by staying in traditional homestays along the route. Experience the warmth and genuine hospitality of the local families, enjoy homemade meals prepared with fresh local ingredients, and gain insights into the daily lives of the villagers.
Iconic Landmarks: Visit iconic landmarks that define the region, such as the Lung Cu Flag Tower, a symbol of Vietnam’s sovereignty, and the H’mong King’s Palace, a historical residence showcasing traditional Hmong architecture. These landmarks offer a glimpse into the rich history and heritage of the region.
Scenic Drives: Enjoy picturesque drives through winding mountain roads and experience the thrill of the Ha Giang Loop. Marvel at the beauty of the Ma Pi Leng Pass, known for its dramatic landscapes and awe-inspiring views. The journey itself is an adventure, filled with awe and wonder.
Book your tour to Ha Giang Loop now and embark on an unforgettable journey through Vietnam’s remote and majestic north.
Night 1: From Hanoi to Ha Giang
The tour begins when a driver picks you up from your hotel in Hanoi around 6:30 pm and takes you to My Dinh bus station to board a sleeping bus to Ha Giang. You will arrive at our office between 3 am and 4 am the following day where our driver will pick you up to freshen up before we begin our adventure.
Day 1: Ha Giang – Quan Ba – Yen Minh
After breakfast, we will begin our tour at 8 am and head towards Quan Ba’s Heaven Gate which is 46 km (1 hr 20m) away.
At the lookout point, we will take in the breathtaking view of the famous Fairy Mountain. Afterward, we will continue for 7 km (20 min) to Lung Khuy, where we will start our short 2 km mountain walk to the famous cave in Ha Giang.
The cave has an impressive collection of stalactites and stalagmites, and walking through is easy with the construction of a guided rail walkway.
After spending 30 minutes to an hour, we will return to the vehicle and drive to the beautiful village of Nam Dam to have lunch at Ly Quoc Thang Homestay. This village is inhabited by the Dao ethnic minority.
After lunch, we will drive to Lung Tam to witness the Hmong villagers weaving hemp into their traditional clothes and fabrics. We will then proceed to Yen Minh town and check in to a local hotel, where we will enjoy a typical dinner in a local restaurant.
Day 2: Lung Tam village – Yen Minh – Dong Van.
After breakfast, we will depart at 8 am and drive to Lung Tam village where the Hmong people will show us their famous handicraft of weaving hemp into their traditional clothes and fabrics.
Then, we will proceed to Yen Minh town where we will take a short 10-minute stroll up the outlook point to enjoy the scenic view before having lunch. After lunch, we will drive to the mountain range area in Pho Cao and stop at the Dốc Chín Khoanh outlook point for pictures.
Then, we will proceed to Pao’s house in Sung La village, where the famous Vietnamese movie “Pao’s Story” was filmed in 2006. We will have time to visit the village and the surroundings before driving to H’mong King’s Palace in Sa Phin, the former residence of the Hmong king built in the mid-1800s.
Finally, we will drive to Dong Van town and check in to Lam Tung Hotel, where we will relax before heading out for a typical dinner in a local restaurant.
Day 3: Dong Van – Ma Pi Leng pass – Meo Vac.
Day 3 of our journey will take us from Dong Van to Meo Vac via the stunning Ma Pi Leng pass. We will begin the day with a delicious breakfast at a local restaurant before departing at 8 am.
Our first stop will be the Lung Cu Flag Tower, a must-visit Vietnam national landmark, located 30 km away (1h:30min drive). This 30-meter tower sits atop a high mountain in northern Vietnam and provides breathtaking views of the surrounding rice, corn, and hemp fields, as well as the Chinese mountains.
After visiting the Lung Cu Flag Tower, we will head to a nearby Lo Lo Chai village to enjoy a traditional lunch and experience the local culture. Once we have finished our meal, we will embark on a 37 km (1h:30min) drive to the Ma Pi Leng Pass. The pass is renowned for its picturesque canyon, carved out by the Nho Que River.
We will make sure to give you the opportunity to explore the Ma Pi Leng Pass even more by trekking along one of its mountains. The trek will take approximately 2 hours, and we will pick you up at the end of the path.
We will then drive 8 km (20 min) to the town of Meo Vac, where we will spend the night at a Homestay. You will have some free time to relax before joining the family for dinner.
Day 4: Meo Vac – Du Gia Waterfall – Hà Giang.
Day 4 will start with a delicious breakfast, and we will leave by 8 am. Our destination will be the Tay village of Du Gia, located around 75 km away (approx. 3 hours).
After enjoying a delicious lunch, we will visit the Du Gia waterfall, which is just a short 40-minute walk away. If you wish, you can take a dip in the small pool below the waterfall. We will spend around 30 minutes to an hour here, depending on everyone’s preferences.
Once we are done at the waterfall, we will drive approximately 80 km (approx. 3 hours) to Ha Giang City, where our journey will come to an end.
We will drop you off at our office, where you can freshen up and rest before the sleeping bus picks you up around 7:30 pm to go back to Hanoi. You will arrive in Hanoi around 4 am.
Price For A Group Tour
(USD: 5 -10 pax)
- Self-riding from HN – 199 USD/person
- Easy rider From HN – 273 USD/person
- If you are already in Ha Giang, will refund the bus ticket for you
- If you want to start from another location, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us
From your hotel in Hanoi
My Dinh Hanoi (Not at your hotel – from the bus station to your hotel please arrange a Grab/Taxi by yourself – it’s easy to get one)
The Tour Will Include
- Transfer Ha Noi ⇒ Ha Giang (sleeping bus) and Ha Giang ⇒ Hanoi (Limousine or sleeping bus)
- Hotel pick up & drop off, helmet and protective gear
- Good Motobike with gas and easy Rider ( driver)
- Local-speaking English guide
- All accommodation
- Entrance fee, selected activities,
- Meals: 4 breakfast, 4 lunch, 3 dinner
- Meeting new friends on the tour
- Free “Happy water” and Party Dinner.
The Tour Will NOT Include
- Personal travel insurance
- Extra drinks during tour (e.g., bottled water or beer)
Things You Should Bring
We recommend that you bring comfortable activewear:
- A hat
- Mosquito repellent
- A small daypack
- Don’t forget to bring a camera to capture the amazing sites you’ll see during the trip!
- You should also bring any medications or medical supplies you may need during the tour.
- Finally, we recommend bringing a small amount of local currency to buy snacks or souvenirs.
Shower is available after the tour at Ha Giang
- 7+ days prior tour start date: 100% reimbursement of the tour price (no cancellation charges)
- 6 to 2-days prior tour start date: 25% reimbursement of the tour price
- 1 day prior or same day of tour start date: no reimbursement
FAQ About This Tour
How do I book and confirm my tour?
Easy Online Booking:
- Step 1: Fill In Register Form (* indicates Required Information) and hit the “Confirm” button.
- Step 2: Once registered, the Support team will contact you within 1 hour.
- Step 3: You need to pay 50% of the deposit to secure your booking.
- Step 4: Pay the balance you meet our guide (this must be paid before the tour)
- Step 5: Enjoy your amazing trip with our knowledge and passion guide.
What should I bring?
Passport, swim stuff, sunscreen, sunglasses, warm clothes, gloves and masks for the cooler months (Nov March), mosquito repellent, Some Cash, Phone with internet Sim-card, camera, a healthy appetite and a good attitude!
Travel Insurance is NOT included. We strongly recommend that passengers have their own travel insurance against illness, injury, loss
How much Luggage should I take?
- Just bring what you need for 4 days only,
- Due to limited vehicle space and the nature of accommodation, we ask that you limit yourself to a maximum of 10kg in a backpack or overnight bag.
Can I drive on my own?
YES. but just on the easy road, you can ask Easy Rider to let you try.
Where do we meet?
- We will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi at 7:30 Pm by car or limousine and then transfer you to the bus station (My Dinh)
- From Sapa to Ha Giang: if you are in Sapa, please come to 025 Thac Bac Str at 7:00PM, our driver will pick you up there.
How fit do I have to be?
Our trips are active, so a reasonable level of fitness is needed. If you have any doubts about your suitability for our trips, please check with our Travel Desk before making a booking. NOTE: Activities vary in duration and grade depending on availability.
What is children's policy?
- Children: Under 3 years old sleep, ride with parents for free.
- Children 4 – 6 years old charge 50% adult price.
- Children 7 – 9 years old charge 75% adult price.
- Children 10 years and older are charged as adults.